Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Super Hero

A woman in a super hero suit
Today's challenge asks if we had a superpower what would it be and how would we use it. This is a tough one for me to write on because my heroes are everyday ordinary people who do extraordinary things in spite of the obstacles in their way.

Dois Rosser founded ICM, International Cooperating Ministries. This soft-spoken, southern gentleman was a successful businessman in Hampton Roads, Virginia. In 1986 He saw an immense need in India for places of worship for Christians. He then founded ICM and began building churches around the world.

My husband and I had the honor of meeting Mr. Rosser when we won a trip to Ukraine with ICM. Seeing first-hand his love for the people of that country and his selfless giving, in spite of being older granted him a place in my heart as a hero.

The others who I hold as heroes are all people who give of themselves out of love for people they don't know. I believe the greatest superpower available is love. No matter the state of our physical bodies, we can reach out to others and love them. Love is the greatest of the superpowers.






  1. http://www.icm.org/about/meet-our-team

No comments:

Post a Comment